We are excited to announce that the book character pumpkin decorating contest is back for a second year. There have been a few changes that are very important! So keep reading to find out the dates and rules for entering the pumpkin contest!
Pumpkin Due Date
Last year we had a few pumpkins rot on us. In an effort to avoid that we will only have the pumpkins in the PLC and LC for one week. All pumpkins must be brought in on October 21, 2019. No early or late pumpkins will be accepted.
Voting and Winners Announced
Voting will take place for all classes the week of October 21, 2019. You will vote during your Library or Library Tech class period. Winners will be announced the following week at the Halloween games.
- Absolutely no holes are allowed in your pumpkin. Use creative ways to attach things to your pumpkin.
- Do not carve your pumpkin
- Be unique and creative. Some of the best pumpkins are not what you’ve seen before.
- Turn your pumpkin in with an index card that has the book character, title, and author written on the front. One the back write your name, grade and teacher’s name.
- Do not write your name on the pumpkin
The top three pumpkins from each grade level group will be awarded a gift card and a halloween themed book.
- K – 2nd Grades
- 3rd -5th Grades
- Jr. High
Pumpkin Pick Up
Pumpkins must be picked up an taken home on October 30th or 31st. Any pumpkins left at the end of the day on the 31st will be thrown away.